Bali pass trek one of the least explored treks in the uttrakhand himalayan region that connects the har ki dun valley with yamunotri, the bali pass trek is a beautiful journey that one should try at least once in a lifetime. It is set at an elevation of about 4,800 meters and located in the heights of garhwal himalayan region, it is an exhilarating getaway where from you can capture the majestic trio of kalanag at 6,387 meters, banderpoonch 6,316 meters and swargarohini group of peaks at a maximum elevation of 6,252 meters. The trek is inside the govind wildlife sanctuary, an abode to the rich flora and fauna. The trek begins at sankri., the trail continues along the supin river and climbs gently to the village of dhatamir and osla. During the trail you cross the rivers tons and siyan gad.
The expedition continues to har ki dun, which is a cradle shaped valley abundant with a variety of flowers, rare wildlife and scenic views of the surrounding peaks of the himalayas. This trek often referred as a virgin trek in the indian himalayas is the least explored & thus is the most scenic. Apt for seasoned trekkers, this trek is a strenuous one. Blessed with undying natural beauty, this trail is unchallenged and has all elements that wilderness seekers look for. Discover captivating meadows, wild alpine flowers, birds & exceptionally high mountains. Opening up to amphitheatre views of the spectacular himalayan peaks; this trek is sure to lend you with an experience of a lifetime.
- Referred as a virgin trek in the indianhimalayas is the least explored & thus is the most scenic.
- Camping above 4,000 m. The area is surrounded bybanderpoonch range and some of the famous peaks are kalanag, banderpoonch westand ruinsara.
- The trail hits the strenuous tracks when youmaneuver towards bali udiyari at 3,850 meters and climbs up to bali pass at4,800 meters.
- The trek is inside the govind wildlife sanctuary,an abode to the rich flora and fauna .
- A technical trekking route, which is notrecommended for beginners.
- ancient villages of Osla and Gangad take youback in time.
Best timeto visit :-
May/June & Sep/Oct
- In Summer season starts as early as mid May,depending upon the snow deposition of last winter and ends by later half ofJune, as the monsoon progresses.
- After monsoon begins in September and continuestill later half of October.
Things tocarry for this trek :-
- Backpack withrain cover
- Walking stick
- Head tourch
- Personal medical kot
- Personal toiletries .
- Warm/woolen/waterproof cloths (jacket , sweater etc.)
- Lip balm , sunscreen cream .
- Woolen cap , sunglasses , balaclava .
- Trekking Shoes , Floaters , Cotton Socks/Woolen Socks
WaterproofGloves/Woolen Gloves .