Dayara Bugyal (12000/ft) Located In Uttarkashi Dist. Of Garhwal Region Of Uttrakhand India , This is One Of the most beautiful alpine meadows in India. The moderate trek starts from the picturesque village of Barsu in . It serves as the base for the Dayara Bugyal trek along with offering grand views of some 6000m plus peaks like John Lee (6618m), Srikanth (6133m) as well as Draupadi Ka Danda I & II (5643m & 5770m). Dayara in the local tongue refers to a circular plot of land, reflecting the hoop shaped grassy turf of this Bugyal, margined by dark oak and maple woods and beyond the green reaches, a glowing snowline of the Bandarpoonch and other ranges. Each and every campsite on this trek is extremely beautiful and scenic. One can sure of getting awestruck with each and every step taken on this trail. Since this trek is an easy one, it is a great option for beginners. Experienced trekkers can also enjoy Dayara Bugyal as the trail is refreshing and not very crowded. This trek has a unique charm because of the unmatched beauty of the mighty Himalayas and it has become one of the most popular trekking routes for people who are willing to do trekking in Uttarakhand. While trekking you will have different types of experiences, a stream flowing where you wish to halt and capture the frames, moving ahead will take you to bed of dried maple leaves often seen in movies and on moving further, you will find sunlight coming on your face after getting filtered from the grove oak trees.
- Feel close to nature by rambling over the lushgreen expanse of Dayara and Gidara Bugyal .
- wild animals, while trekking through the oak andpine tree forest trails.
- Catch sight of snow covered peaks likeBandarpooch (6,316 m), Bhagirathi (6921 m) and Black Peak (2,734 m)
- Trail Will Take YouThrough open lands and thick forests, ending to a huge lush green meadow.
- People there are all with smiling faces whichshows how happy and content they are, living amidst nature.
- Amazing panoramic view of the greater Himalayan range. Situatedat an altitude of more than 3048m above sea level
Things ToCarry For This Trek :-
- Backpack with rain cover
- Walking stick
- Head tourch
- Personal medical kot
- Personal toiletries .
- Warm/woolen/waterproof cloths (jacket , sweateretc.)
- Lip balm , sunscreen cream .
- Woolen cap , sunglasses , balaclava .
- Trekking Shoes , Floaters , Cotton Socks/WoolenSocks
- Waterproof Gloves/Woolen Gloves .
How ToReach :-
- By Air:Jolly Grant Airport at Dehradun, 180kmaway, is the closest airport. Taxis, private cars, state road transport busesare available from the airport.
- By Rail:Haridwar railway station, 215 kms fromUttarkashi, is the closest railway station.
- By Road:Bus and taxis from Rishikesh (170 km), Haridwar (189 km) and Dehradun (144 km) are easily available to reach Uttarkashi.