Gaumukh–Tapovan trek, one of the most gratifying treks in India, located in Uttaranchal will bring every fascinating trekking pleasure ,This trek tracing the source of the holiest river in the country, Ganges, takes one into a Himalayan landscape par excellence. This trek steeped in spirituality and Himalayan grandeur takes one into a very remote and true Himalayan landscape. The difficulty is still there as the pathway will be little ticklish for the beginners to walk, and high altitude of 14,600 Ft. Climb can make it an arduous trek for the trekkers.
- High altitude meadows, a sacred & mightyriver, holy temples, great campsites, sadhus, occasional wildlife and more.
- The spiritualintensity of Gangotri, one of India’s most sacred pilgrimage sites, is palpableas you witness the daily puja at the temple, and the Hindu devotees bathing atthe water’s edge.
- The trek offers the ultimate experience of themountains ranges, forests, grasslands, spirituality and the high elevationadventure; the Gaumukh Tapovan trek is the blend of many exotic surroundingsand tricky patches with a thrill in each step.
Best TimeTo Visit :-
Best time is between May to June and mid-Aug to Oct;
Things ToCarry For This Trek :-
- Backpack with rain cover
- Walking stick
- Head tourch
- Personal medical kot
- Personal toiletries .
- Warm/woolen/waterproof cloths (jacket , sweateretc.)
- Lip balm , sunscreen cream .
- Woolen cap , sunglasses , balaclava .
- Trekking Shoes , Floaters , Cotton Socks/WoolenSocks
- Waterproof Gloves/Woolen Gloves .
How ToReach :-
- By air: Jolly Grant Airport inDehradun is the nearest arirstrip to Gangotri Temple, which is 257Km fromGangotri temple. The airport is well connected with most of the airports acrossIndia. Travel the rest of the distance from Airport to Gangotri by a bus or ina private vehicle.
- By rail: Rishikesh railway stationis the nearest railhead 243 km from Gangotri glacier. Cabs and buses ply fromRishikesh to Gangotri frequently.
* By road: Gangotri Glacier can be easily accessed from Rishikesh or Dehradun by road. Both of these destinations are overnight journey from Delhi.