Kuari Pass Trek also referred to as the Lord Curzon trail trek, in the Garhwal Himalayas. At an altitude of 4264 meters, Kuari Top is like an amphitheatre where some of the stalwart peaks of Himalayas take stage. The trek begins from Joshimath, in the Chamoli district of Himalayas, which has evolved into the hub for trekkers and pilgrims in this part of the Himalayas. Confluences of several rivers – the Pinder, Kaliganga, Nandakini, Birehiganga & Dhauli Ganga give make up the Pancha-Prayag – namely, Devprayag, Karnaprayag, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. Walking along the Curzon trail through these villages is a great way to get acquainted with the life of the mountain folks.
- On this trek one walks through gorgeous jungles of Oak and Deodar trees. And these jungles, of course, are house to some wildlife.
- Refreshing part of the trek is while walking through the luxurious Himalayan meadows, called ‘Bugyals’ in the local language .
- The high point of the trip would be the views of Nanda Devi (7816 m) along with other gigantic elevations like Dronagiri (7066 m), Kamet (7757 m), Chaukhamba (7128 m) and Trishul (7120 m) peaks.
Best TimeTo Visit :-
Winter season is the ideal time to undertake the excursionas the snow makes the region look amazing
Things ToCarry For This Trek :-
- Backpack with rain cover
- Walking stick
- Head tourch
- Personal medical kot
- Personal toiletries .
- Warm/woolen/waterproof cloths (jacket , sweateretc.)
- Lip balm , sunscreen cream .
- Woolen cap , sunglasses , balaclava .
- Trekking Shoes , Floaters , Cotton Socks/WoolenSocks
- Waterproof Gloves/Woolen Gloves .
How ToReach :-
- By Air:JollyGrant airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport, which is 208Km fromNandprayag and 268Km from Joshimath.
- By Rail:RishikeshRailway Station is the nearest rail-head, which is 191Km from Nandprayag and251Km from Joshimath.
- By Road:Nandprayagand Joshimath is well connected with other parts of Uttarakhand.